The Joint Marketing of the Bedouin Experience Tourism Project intends to unite, under a single banner, all of the Negev Highlands’ Bedouin operators in tourism.
The traditional way of life of the Bedouin residents of the Negev and their heritage is related to the unique environment of the area and much knowledge is still stored in the Bedouin communities. The Bedouin are experts in the fields of animal husbandry, traditional crafts, knowledge of desert plants, micro-climate and water regime. This is local knowledge, which is an important resource for sustainable development.
“Experience tourism” is an essential source of income, and instrumental in the preservation and continuation of Bedouin culture and traditions on the Negev Highlands. At the same time, it introduces Bedouin culture and traditions to the public at large.
One of the significant challenges in marketing Bedouin experience tourism is the knowledge of and access to digital marketing tools. The lack of marketing skills among the members of the community is one of the major obstacles to successful marketing campaigns among the public at large, in Israel and abroad.
Therefore, Keshet Association will be working in close cooperation with the Bedouin Experience Project, the Bedouin tourist operators and the communities to develop those skills, to create attractive, and informative digital campaigns.
The project’s website will be launched in the beginning of 2022. For ferther information please contact the project manager, Dan Gazit at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Bedouin Experience Project will offer and coordinate the following activities:
- An introduction to trails in the desert;
- The Bedouin way of goat herding and grazing;
- A day out with the goats herds;
- Traditional Bedouin weaving;
- A taste of traditional Bedouin hospitality;
- An introduction to indigenous greens, plants and herbs, and how to identify, find and, possibly, use them;
- An introduction to indigenous mushrooms and how to identify and where find them;
- A primer in Bedouin bread baking;
- An introduction to the traditional Bedouin residential and lifestyle;